Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Jeny's "Get Skinny by June" Challenge - Day 2

I wish I can be as liberated as this woman in that body. Unfortunately, I can't.

I was so sore from yesterday its not even funny.

Day 2 – 18 May 2010
FAST DAY


Quite self-explanatory, ain’t it? No food for today. For 18 hours, its just water, coffee and the occasional yogurt drink and milk to keep the hunger at bay. Surprisingly, today is relatively easy, having gone through the cheat day I’m phsychological conditioned not to think about food.

Trust me, you won’t die from not eating a day. Your digestive system will thank you for it.

NO FOOD DOES NOT MEAN NO WORKOUT

This is prime time to burn any excess fats you may have, make sense? Your body is not taking any new calories, so whatever that’s left in your system right now are going to get use if you workout today. Again, you can break it up to small parts throughout the day.

Which is exactly what I did today, I used the Gymboss Interval Timer
to time my workouts.

Sweet Punishment Workout
1st Part
4 minutes sprint training Tabata style : 20secs sprint, 10 secs rest (repeat 8 times)
4 minutes of interval training : 30 secs Backward Lunge Jump, 10 secs rest (repeat 6 times). Switch legs after each set.

Rest, get a drink and when you are ready move on to the 2nd part.

2nd Part
3 rounds of 3 different exercises and my goal is to complete them as fast as you can. Record your times and outbeat it the next time you do this workout again.
These are the exercises that I did:
1. Reptile Push Up – 10 reps
2. One Jump Forward and two back – 30 reps (one jump forward and two jumps back counts as one rep)
3. Side Crunch – 20 reps on each side

Repeat 3 times consecutively. I took 17 minutes to complete part 2. Challenge you to beat my score?

I gotta admit I didn't really push myself, my thighs and butt was still sore from yesterday so it was tough to push through the pain. Nevertheless, I was still determined to complete it, even it means taking a little bit more time.

It is very important to listen to your body. You won't want to miss an entire week of training simply because you tore a muscle. Having said that, not pushing it and constantly working out at a very comfortable pace ain't goin to cut it either. For this challenge the workouts won't exceed 30 minutes so make every minute count. What I am doing is making sure I burn more calories for lesser time so it should be intense and a little hard effort is necessary.

For detailed description of the exercise, click here.

See you tomorrow , the SHAKE DAY.



Earn your first dollar online here.
Jeny's Closet Opening Soon!

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates
Web Analytics