Monday, November 29, 2010

Forever Holding Your Piece for Peace?

In my earlier posts I said that nothing is taboo in Jeny’s Closet. Except politics. I take that back. Nothing is taboo in Jeny’s Closet, period.

Too long have I been in a society where to speak up warrants getting into trouble. With your boss, with the law. Anyone or anybody who deems to think that they are off the higher authority. I am not one who loves confrontation or for that matter stirring up a revolution but I do like to think that when an injustice occurs or something is just not right, you stand up for it. You stand up for it not to stir trouble but just because it is the right thing to do.

I like to think that we all have something to say and policy makers and laws need to know that. Any changes made affects us, doesn’t it? If we don’t speak up for ourselves than who will? Keeping quiet won’t mean that the problem will just go away. I can abide to survive but for how long. I can abide and hold my piece because God forbids I will get into trouble but for how long. And isn’t it interesting to note that fear really keeps things together? Holding my piece for the sake of peace, is that wise?

The media manipulates and bend the truth, statements are released without due thoughts – are we going to be the generation that just take news as truth and not questioned it. Perhaps the majority thinks that speaking up won’t change anything. I used to think that way too till a friend of mine reasoned that ‘if we don’t say it, no one who needs to know will know. They can decide to do anything they want with what was said but our duty is to tell them’.

Agreed. Till then I shall have an opinion and not afraid to say it.

 
Earn your first dollar online here.  
Jeny's Closet Opening Soon!

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates
Web Analytics