Monday, November 1, 2010

Death of the iPhone - What You Should and Should Not Do When Your iPhone Drowns.

Before I got the iPhone, I was one of the many who ridiculed its existence. How unnecessary it was to have everything in your life controlled by the iPhone.

I have since chewed my words and swallowed it whole.

I am extremely attached to my iPhone that when it fell into a puddle of water during the big flood couple of months back, my heart sank the way it did to the bottom of the puddle.

My iPhone died and as I tried as much as possible to cpr it way to life, it just died on me.

This can happen to anybody be it in the toilet bowl, caught in the rain etc etc etc. Water damage is one of the worst things that can ever happen to an iPhone.

[At the time of this post, my iPhone is alive and survived its coma. Read on to know how you too can save your beloved iPhone. This is a story of happy endings!]


What you should NOT do :

Don’t try to switch it on.

Don’t try to charge it and then switch on.

Don’t dismantle if if you don’t know know how to.

Don’t dismantle even if you know how how to but don’t really know how to figure out it's components.

Don’t use the hair dryer in an attempt to dry it.

Don’t search for ‘How to repair water damage iPhone’ in YouTube and then watch it. It is quite misleading.

Don't ask your friends 'What to do if your iPhone fell in water?' in Facebook. You'll get tons of suggestions that doesn't work and seriously everyone else is as clueless as you are.

Don’t put in a sack of rice or silica gel. Contrary to what others say, this will kill your iPhone!

Don’t attempt to sell a water damage iPhone that do not work at all. That is just dumb.

Don’t attempt to be smart.


What you should do :

Do curb your instincts. Whatever your instincts tell you to do, I implore you to do the exact opposite.

Do switch off your phone. If it's already off then leave it.

Do check your warranty expiry date. (iPhones have water indicators that turns to red when in contact with water. This voids all warranties, make sure you have it checked and fixed first.)

Do send it to a professional to have it repaired if your phone is no longer in warranty. If you follow the ‘Don’ts’ above your iPhone has a 99% chance of survival. Mine has about 50% chance of survival and it still works after repair. If I knew what I know then, I would have had a brand new iPhone.

Do send it to iPhone Repair Singapore. They bring my water damage iPhone to life and won’t charge you a bomb for it. Get in touch with them here or get updated with their blog.

[This is not a paid advertorial. They are really good, they fixed my beloved iPhone and I am an ass for not sharing this with all iPhone users]

J.



Earn your first dollar online here.
Jeny's Closet Opening Soon!

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates
Web Analytics