Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 19 - Insulin Resistance

When I started the slow carb diet, my goal was to test my discipline and see if I have significant results in weight loss.

I soon found another reason to continue and a more compelling one.

I think I might I have insulin resistance. Not that I went to the doctor for a check up or anything. I was looking up for ways to get rid of a dark skin patch (I'm asian fair so any dark skin on any area is odd) at first I thought it was dead skin cells that you can scrub over or some bruise I acquired from pole dancing until I came across symptoms for insulin resistance and how it might lead to type 2 diabetes. Some of the symptoms involves; fatique, weight gain. ability to focus which are general symptoms if you are overweight. I will have to go to a the doctor to find out more. Not that I am particularly alarm but I feel like it might in some way contribute to why I feel like I am always very ill discipline that perhaps my body is reacting and not responding the way it should if it was being optimum. 

I do not know if the lack or the excess of carbs contribute to the insulin resistance. I heard that diabetics shouldn't eat a lot of carbs so perhaps less carbs does do more good.

 

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates
Web Analytics